Friday, September 11, 2009

Eat.Drink.Repeat- Perennial

Perennial has been on the top of my restaurant "to do" list since it opened last year. The youngest sister to the BOKA and Landmark Grill trio of restaurants, Perennial offers Contemporary American cuisine that's a little bit exotic and a whole lotta fun. Kevin Boehm and Rob Katz combined their restaurant genius to provide Chicagoans with the ultimate dining experience.

Perennial (1800 N. Lincoln Ave) is part amazing food with a dash of swanky decor and a pinch of casual elegance that's got everyone talking. Executive Chef Ryan Poli's masterful creations are nothing short of impeccable.

Don't pass on the bread basket to save room for dinner; the pretzel rolls are out of this world. Seriously, how could bread be so damn good? The Sweet Corn soup was creamy, like silk, enjoyable through to the last spoonful. Don't pass up the chicken lollipops, glazed in a soy reduction over a chopped Asian slaw. Sweet, with a little bit of Asian spice, I was 20 seconds from licking the bone dry. The filet was tender and juicy, cooked to perfection served aside a decadent onion marmalade. My favorite part of the entire meal was the gruyere potato cake, a side I could happily eat every day for the rest of my life.

Eat. Drink. Repeat? I think I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment